If you need further help, ask on the official Cemu Discord Server for assistance.
In this section we’ll be configuring controller inputs for Cemu, and setting up motion controls.
Motion control support can vary between controllers. Nintendo Switch, Dualshock 4 and DualSense controllers all have support for motion controls. Using the SDL controller API, this will be automatically detected.
Other controllers, such as Xbox controllers, do not support motion and will require alternate methods to enable motion controls. Regular buttons should still work, however.
Cemuhook was previously required for motion controls, however Cemu now natively supports motion controls using the SDL controller API. If you've used Cemuhook in the past for motion controls, make sure to change
GamePad motion source to "Default".
- Open the Cemu application
- On the top bar, go to
Emulated controllerto "Wii U Gamepad"
- Click on the
Controllerto your desired controller
- If it doesn't appear, try changing your controller API
- Proceed to map all your controller button inputs
- If you would like to add another controller input, press the
+button next to the
- This has many uses, such as using two Nintendo Switch Joy-cons, or using a phone for motion input
- At the top, enter in a controller profile name, e.g. "Gamepad Controller"